From: Jeffery Zhang
Subject: Clisp Slime aborts
When I run Clisp with Slime, and there is a restart, when I choose the
abort option, slime loses the connection with Clisp. But the setup in
Lispbox doesn't do this, it just drops me back into the REPL. What is
the customizations I need to do to replicate Lispbox behavior? (I'm
posting it here because I don't know if this is an Emacs issue, a Slime
issue, or a Clisp issue)

-Jeff
From: Joerg Hoehle
Subject: Re: Clisp Slime aborts
Jeffery Zhang <ยทยทยทยท@cornell.edu> writes:

> When I run Clisp with Slime, and there is a restart, when I choose the
> abort option, slime loses the connection with Clisp. But the setup in
> Lispbox doesn't do this, it just drops me back into the REPL. What is
> the customizations I need to do to replicate Lispbox behavior? (I'm
Maybe these versions of Slime are different?

> posting it here because I don't know if this is an Emacs issue, a Slime
> issue, or a Clisp issue)

I'm sorry I cannot further help you, but I've learnt in Slime not to
use the bottom-most restart because that tries to jump back to the
CLISP REPL and thus exists the slime application. When this happens,
the Emacs<->CLISP socket connection is obviously closed.

Beside that, I've been using slime-1.0 and some much newer version
with various version of CLISP and Emacs version 20.7.1 on MS-Windows
without trouble.

Regards
	Jorg Hohle
Telekom/T-Systems Technology Center