From: Jonathon McKitrick
Subject: Dynamic data in lisp-served static pages?
Suppose you are serving static web pages, but need to inject some kind
of hidden field or data.  Is there an easy way to do this without
switching to generating the page dynamically with the server?

From: Zach Beane
Subject: Re: Dynamic data in lisp-served static pages?
"Jonathon McKitrick" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Suppose you are serving static web pages, but need to inject some kind
> of hidden field or data.  Is there an easy way to do this without
> switching to generating the page dynamically with the server?

HTML-TEMPLATE is a library that does this.

   http://weitz.de/html-template/

Zach
From: Jonathon McKitrick
Zach Beane wrote:
> "Jonathon McKitrick" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > Suppose you are serving static web pages, but need to inject some kind
> > of hidden field or data.  Is there an easy way to do this without
> > switching to generating the page dynamically with the server?
>
> HTML-TEMPLATE is a library that does this.

Ah, yes, templates.  Thanks Zach.  I was hoping to avoid another
library, but this one seems lightweight enough.  I'll give it a shot.
From: Marco Baringer
"Jonathon McKitrick" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Suppose you are serving static web pages, but need to inject some kind
> of hidden field or data.  Is there an easy way to do this without
> switching to generating the page dynamically with the server?

iframes or javascript/dom vodoo allow you to 'include' a dynamic page
in a static one, but i think i've misunderstood your question.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.