From: Ralf Bokelberg
Subject: Where to look for the API documentation?
Just recently i read Peter Seibel's fantastic book "Practical Common
Lisp". Now i want to do something real with Lisp. I wonder, where i can
find the documentation of the functions available in Lisp-In-A-Box?
Especially i'm looking for the socket functions of Lisp-In-A-Box, which
i could neither find in the hyperspec nor in the ACL Docs

Probably this has been discussed thousand times before, but i searched
the internet and the usenet and couldn't find any pointers. So any help
is appreciated a lot,

Tia,
Ralf.

From: ··············@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Where to look for the API documentation?
From: Edi Weitz
On 29 Sep 2005 12:33:17 -0700, ···············@gmail.com" <··············@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I remember the allegro trial is on a time limit, so it's a
> good idea to get used to something else (if I'm wrong about the time
> limit, please correct me, it was a while ago that I got acl).

It has a time limit but you can renew it as often as you want.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Kenny Tilton
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2005 12:33:17 -0700, ···············@gmail.com" <··············@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>As far as I remember the allegro trial is on a time limit, so it's a
>>good idea to get used to something else (if I'm wrong about the time
>>limit, please correct me, it was a while ago that I got acl).
>

> It has a time limit but you can renew it as often as you want.

yes, it is one command or one GUI selection and yer back in business. So
it is not so much a time limit as it is a periodic, compulsory survey:
"Have you launched ACL recently?"

:)

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it."
     Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Ralf Bokelberg <····@bokelberg.de> writes:

> Just recently i read Peter Seibel's fantastic book "Practical Common
> Lisp". Now i want to do something real with Lisp. I wonder, where i
> can find the documentation of the functions available in
> Lisp-In-A-Box? Especially i'm looking for the socket functions of
> Lisp-In-A-Box, which i could neither find in the hyperspec nor in the
> ACL Docs
>
> Probably this has been discussed thousand times before, but i searched
> the internet and the usenet and couldn't find any pointers. So any
> help is appreciated a lot,

Hyperspec:
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Front/index.htm

I don't know what implementation is included in Lisp-in-a-Box.

CLISP implementation notes:
http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/index.html

SBCL manual:
http://www.sbcl.org/manual/

OpenMCL documentation:
http://openmcl.clozure.com/Doc/index.html

CMUCL documentation:
http://www.cons.org/cmucl/doc/

The world will now reboot.  don't bother saving your artefacts.
From: Edi Weitz
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:13:01 +0100, Ralf Bokelberg <····@bokelberg.de> wrote:

> Just recently i read Peter Seibel's fantastic book "Practical Common
> Lisp". Now i want to do something real with Lisp. I wonder, where i
> can find the documentation of the functions available in
> Lisp-In-A-Box? Especially i'm looking for the socket functions of
> Lisp-In-A-Box, which i could neither find in the hyperspec nor in
> the ACL Docs

  <http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/7.0/doc/socket.htm>

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: vishnuvyas
From: Magnus Henoch
"vishnuvyas" <··········@gmail.com> writes:

> The CLISP socket functions are specific to CLISP alone, and are not
> portable across other popular distros of lisp (SBCL, CMUCL). I would
> suggest the CLOCC  ports and CLLIB collection which not only has socket
> support, but also some higher level functionality such as URL etc..
> (btw.. I think its a bit dated).

The socket functions of CLOCC don't work out of the box on SBCL.  I
started hacking this and made some progress, but due to hardware
failure I no longer have a computer that runs SBCL.  What I've done so
far is available at
<http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~henoch/net.lisp.patch> if anyone wants
to pick it up.

Magnus