From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for October - Advance Notice
Hi all,

This is just an early "heads up" so that people have time to mark their
calendars. For our next meeting of "lispvan", Ken Dickey will be giving
us a talk about his experiences with Extreme Programming and Common
Lisp. Many of you will remember Ken from his paper <a
href="http://xpdx.org/files/ExtremeSuccess/"> "Extremely Successful
Software"</a>.

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: eXtreme Common Lisp
Presenter: Ken Dickey
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2005
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Tobys Pub and Grill [upstairs table] (see map at
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=2733+Commercial+Drive%2C+vancouver%2C+canada)
a yabbo.  Open the esky.   Grab a tinny.  Come and bo peep why there's
no flies on us doing XP down under.

Ken Dickey will talk about his experience in a Sydney software startup
doing
very high reliability multi-tier, multi-platform software in Common
Lisp.

I will record this talk for those who are geographically-challenged!

--
Bill Clementson
Lisp blog: http://bc.tech.coop/blog/

From: Emre Sevinc
········@gmail.com writes:

> Hi all,
>
> This is just an early "heads up" so that people have time to mark their
> calendars. For our next meeting of "lispvan", Ken Dickey will be giving
> us a talk about his experiences with Extreme Programming and Common
> Lisp. Many of you will remember Ken from his paper <a
> href="http://xpdx.org/files/ExtremeSuccess/"> "Extremely Successful
> Software"</a>.
>
> Here's the "official" meeting notice:
>
> Topic: eXtreme Common Lisp
> Presenter: Ken Dickey
> Date: Thursday, October 20, 2005
> Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
> a yabbo.  Open the esky.   Grab a tinny.  Come and bo peep why there's
> no flies on us doing XP down under.
>
> Ken Dickey will talk about his experience in a Sydney software startup
> doing very high reliability multi-tier, multi-platform software in Common
> Lisp.
>
> I will record this talk for those who are geographically-challenged!

I'm looking forward to a video record of that session,
if possible I'd like to take it and share with professional
software developers that are members of our recently initiated
Turkish Lisp Users Group (some of them really would appreciate
real world case-studies of Common Lisp and "multi-tier",
"multi-platform" sound like music to their ears :))

--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer         Actively engaged in:
http:www.bilgi.edu.tr           http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr         http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student       http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr
From: ········@gmail.com
I'll be posting a link to the video after the meeting.

--
Bill Clementson
From: ········@gmail.com
Just a reminder that we have a lispvan meeting this Thursday! If you're
in (or near) Vancouver, we would love to have you join us!