From: Cruise Director
Subject: SeaFunc meets Tues. Sep. 27th
SeaFunc is Seattle. SeaFunc is functional. Functional language.
Functional PRO-gramming. We shall attempt to adjust your software, as
there is something wrong. You're in a C funk. Get out of your C funk.
Stumble on down to the best Belgian booze around.

The Mothership lands at 8 pm on Tuesday, Sep. 27th at:

Ruby Restaurant
4241 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105 - 5806
(206) 675-1770

Ruby's is in the U. District on "The Ave," near 43rd St. Good,
non-pricey food, and normal beer.

To receive timely meeting announcements by e-mail, including where we
will be meeting, subscribe to the mailing list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/SeaFunc

For the uninitiated: "Functional Programming" (FP) treats computation
as the symbolic substitution of functions. Solving problems by making
changes to program state is often avoided. Common Lisp, Scheme,
Standard ML, OCaml, Haskell, and Clean are examples of FP languages.

The merits of the FP approach are highly debateable. Much more clear,
is that people who debate these issues are interesting (to other such
people :-) and provide useful networking contacts. SeaFunc aims to be
the premiere group in the Seattle region for advanced programming
language paradgims. If you think there must be more to life than C++,
Java, and C#, please join us!

"Make my func the SeaFunc, I wants to get funked up." - Parliament
From: Cruise Director
Subject: Re: SeaFunc meets Tues. Sep. 27th
Cruise Director wrote:

> The Mothership lands at 8 pm on Tuesday, Sep. 27th at:
>
> Ruby Restaurant
> 4241 University Way NE
> Seattle, WA 98105 - 5806
> (206) 675-1770