From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Calling all Savages....
I have been testing CFFI (for the Google Summer of Code evaluation) for
a few days now and it looks decent. I have tried the CFFI regression
test suite on ACL, LW, and CLisp on WinXP, and OpenMCL on OS X.

So far so good, but I thought it might be fun to turn you lazy bums
loose on it. I know you prefer the Open Source fairy to do everything
for you and blow your nose, too, but this is really easy:

0. Check the table for the implementation you want to test:

    http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/

    Make sure your implementation is supported, and note any known
issues. Some tests fail but are known to do so because of implementation
problems. We leave those tests in as a reminder to pester the implementer.

1. Download latest CFFI-LUIS from here (last is latest):

     http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/tarballs/

2. Download RT from here:

     http://files.b9.com/rt/

3: Adjust the following to match where you put stuff:

#-asdf
(load "/0devtools/asdf.lisp")

(progn
  #+lispworks
  (setf hcl::*handle-existing-defpackage* (list :add))

  (push (make-pathname :directory '(:absolute "0devtools" "cffi"))
    asdf:*central-registry*)

  (push (make-pathname :directory '(:absolute "0devtools" "rt"))
    asdf:*central-registry*)

  (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'cffi-tests))

4. Ok, now you can run the tests:

   (cffi-tests::do-tests) ;; runs all tests trapping errors, reporting
only number of failures

To see what the first failure (if any) is:

   (let ((cffi-tests::*catch-errors* nil))
       (cffi-tests::do-tests))

5. Report any suspicious behavior to the cffi-devel list (not sure if
you have to subscribe to post):

    cffi-devel a t common-lisp d()t net

Thx.

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it."
     Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950