From: ··················@gmx.net
Subject: Tcl + Lisp?
I have seen that GCL does provide Tk for lisp. Is there an existing way
to use parts of tcl (regexp, regsub) as well? Is there a way to do this
in clisp, too?

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: Tcl + Lisp?
On 15 Sep 2005 05:33:53 -0700, ··················@gmx.net wrote:

> I have seen that GCL does provide Tk for lisp.

See also LTK:

  <http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/>

> Is there an existing way to use parts of tcl (regexp, regsub) as
> well? Is there a way to do this in clisp, too?

Why would you want that?

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Bernd Schmitt
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On 15 Sep 2005 05:33:53 -0700, ··················@gmx.net wrote:

>>I have seen that GCL does provide Tk for lisp.
> See also LTK:
>   <http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/>
Thanks for the link.

>>Is there an existing way to use parts of tcl (regexp, regsub) as
>>well? Is there a way to do this in clisp, too?
> Why would you want that?
Now, that I had a closer look at http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/ ... the first
time I had overlooked
$Header: /usr/local/cvsrep/cl-ppcre/doc/index.html,v 1.130 2005/08/23
12:23:17 edi Exp $
I somehow thought cl-ppcre would not be developed actively - as it IMHO
is the case very often if it is a one man project...

Ciao,
Bernd

--
https://gna.org/projects/mipisti - (microscope) picture stitching
          T_a_k_e__c_a_r_e__o_f__y_o_u_r__R_I_G_H_T_S.
From: Wolfgang Mederle
Bernd Schmitt wrote:

> Now, that I had a closer look at http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/ ... the
> first time I had overlooked $Header:
> /usr/local/cvsrep/cl-ppcre/doc/index.html,v 1.130 2005/08/23 12:23:17
> edi Exp $ I somehow thought cl-ppcre would not be developed actively -
> as it IMHO is the case very often if it is a one man project...

What's the problem with that? The last time I looked, it seemed finished
and quite usable already.

--
Wolfgang Mederle
<URL:http://mederle.de/>
From: ··················@gmx.net
Wolfgang Mederle wrote:
> Bernd Schmitt wrote:
>
> > Now, that I had a closer look at http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/ ... the
> > first time I had overlooked $Header:
> > /usr/local/cvsrep/cl-ppcre/doc/index.html,v 1.130 2005/08/23 12:23:17
> > edi Exp $ I somehow thought cl-ppcre would not be developed actively -
> > as it IMHO is the case very often if it is a one man project...
> What's the problem with that? The last time I looked, it seemed finished
> and quite usable already.
As I was looking at it first time, I *thought* it would not be actively
developed, because it seems to be a one man project and to my (little)
experience, many of those die after some time. That was the reason to
ask for a tcl-interface, because tcl is actively developed by a team
and regular expressions are essential to tcl (everything is a string
;). After looking at http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/ a second time I saw my
mistake.

Ciao,
Bernd
From: Thomas F. Burdick
··················@gmx.net writes:

> Wolfgang Mederle wrote:
> > Bernd Schmitt wrote:
> >
> > > Now, that I had a closer look at http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/ ... the
> > > first time I had overlooked $Header:
> > > /usr/local/cvsrep/cl-ppcre/doc/index.html,v 1.130 2005/08/23 12:23:17
> > > edi Exp $ I somehow thought cl-ppcre would not be developed actively -
> > > as it IMHO is the case very often if it is a one man project...
>
> > What's the problem with that? The last time I looked, it seemed finished
> > and quite usable already.
>
> As I was looking at it first time, I *thought* it would not be actively
> developed, because it seems to be a one man project and to my (little)
> experience, many of those die after some time. That was the reason to
> ask for a tcl-interface, because tcl is actively developed by a team
> and regular expressions are essential to tcl (everything is a string
> ;). After looking at http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/ a second time I saw my
> mistake.

You still haven't seen your mistake; if cl-ppcre isn't touched for the
next two years, would that be any reason not to use it in two years?
As far as I'm concerned, it's a finished product, and it doesn't need
active development.  I'm sure it will see little tweaks and small
bugfixes, but it's not something that will "die" if it's not worked on
any more.

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | Free Mumia Abu-Jamal! |
From: Rob Thorpe
Bernd Schmitt wrote:
> Edi Weitz wrote:
> > On 15 Sep 2005 05:33:53 -0700, ··················@gmx.net wrote:
>
> >>I have seen that GCL does provide Tk for lisp.
> > See also LTK:
> >   <http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/>
> Thanks for the link.
>
> >>Is there an existing way to use parts of tcl (regexp, regsub) as
> >>well? Is there a way to do this in clisp, too?
> > Why would you want that?
> Now, that I had a closer look at http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/ ... the first
> time I had overlooked
> $Header: /usr/local/cvsrep/cl-ppcre/doc/index.html,v 1.130 2005/08/23
> 12:23:17 edi Exp $
> I somehow thought cl-ppcre would not be developed actively - as it IMHO
> is the case very often if it is a one man project...

See also string-match in the package si (this is part of GCL).