From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: September Vancouver Lisp User Group meeting
For our next meeting of "lispvan", Kevin Griffin will be giving us a
presentation on the use of CL-PDF and CL-TYPESETTING, two packages
developed by Marc Battyani (of Fractal Concept). The descriptions of
the packages state:

    "CL-PDF is a cross-platform Common Lisp library for generating PDF
files. It does not need any third-party tools from Adobe or others. It
is used by CL-TYPESETTING to provide a complete typesetting system."

    "CL-TYPESETTING is a complete typesetting system written in Common
Lisp using CL-PDF for the direct generation of PDF files. This enables
it to be powerful, extensible, programmable and fast. It is intended to
be an alternative to the TeX like typesetting systems. CL-TYPESETTING
is used to generate reports and documents in production applications."

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: CL-PDF and CL-TYPESETTING
Presenter: Kevin Griffin
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2005
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Tobys Pub and Grill [upstairs table] (see map at
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=2733+Commercial+Drive%2C+vancouver%2C+canada)
use of CL-PDF and CL-TYPESETTING, two Common Lisp packages for the
generation of PDF documentation and text typesetting. The talk will
include:

   1. Brief introduction to typesetting/page layout
   2. Orientation to CL-PDF and CL-TYPESETTING
   3. Demos of practical usage, including automated form delivery
(receipts, resumes, bills, purchase orders, etc) and (hopefully)
pre-press document typesetting
   4. Some fun uses (like using CL-PDF for artistic projects!)

If you need to deal with PDF output or use TeX for document
preparation, you will want to attend!

This meeting will also be our second meeting in which we will use VNC
to present the content at the meeting and the second meeting in which
we will be recording the presentation (now that yours truly has had
time to recover from the "arrows" in my back following the hassles with
the first recording ;-) ).

--
Bill Clementson