From: Emre Sevinc
Subject: PIC programming in particular, embedded programming in general
Nowadays I'm trying to get my feet wet with PIC programming,
assembly, simple circuitry, etc. It is a strange feeling
reading PAIP, Art of MOP and then going back to learn some
assembly coding for 16F84, switching mindsets etc.

One of the Turkish bloggers gave me a URL:

http://www.picant.com/c2c/c.html

and then out of curiosity he asked what is the
situation of Lisp in terms of PIC programming,
embedded programming, etc. (Because he knows I do not
miss any chance to do Lisp propaganda, including
TV shows during prime time ;-)

I don't know the answer to his question so I
thought maybe more experienced people can tell
me about Lisp's relation to that issue.

Thanks in advance.

Happy hacking,

--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer         Actively engaged in:
http:www.bilgi.edu.tr           http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr         http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student       http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr

From: Greg Menke
A few years ago somebody was selling a compiler called "Fbasic" which
featured a sexp-like syntax- but none of the subtlety of Lisp.

Gregm

From: Joe Marshall
Emre Sevinc <·····@bilgi.edu.tr> writes:

> Nowadays I'm trying to get my feet wet with PIC programming,
> assembly, simple circuitry, etc. It is a strange feeling
> reading PAIP, Art of MOP and then going back to learn some
> assembly coding for 16F84, switching mindsets etc.
>
> One of the Turkish bloggers gave me a URL:
>
> http://www.picant.com/c2c/c.html
>
> and then out of curiosity he asked what is the
> situation of Lisp in terms of PIC programming,
> embedded programming, etc. (Because he knows I do not
> miss any chance to do Lisp propaganda, including
> TV shows during prime time ;-)

Check out Danny Dub�'s stuff on PICBIT at
  http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/papers/sw03.pdf
From: Emre Sevinc
Joe Marshall <·········@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Emre Sevinc <·····@bilgi.edu.tr> writes:
>
>> Nowadays I'm trying to get my feet wet with PIC programming,
>> assembly, simple circuitry, etc. It is a strange feeling
>> reading PAIP, Art of MOP and then going back to learn some
>> assembly coding for 16F84, switching mindsets etc.
>> [...]
>> embedded programming, etc. (Because he knows I do not
>> miss any chance to do Lisp propaganda, including
>> TV shows during prime time ;-)
>
> Check out Danny Dub�'s stuff on PICBIT at
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/papers/sw03.pdf

Thanks. Nice paper.

From: Frode Vatvedt Fjeld
I wrote a simple PIC assembler a few years ago:
<URL:http://www.cs.uit.no/~frodef/sw/picl.lisp>

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld