From: Tim X
Subject: PCL and some humor
As some of you will know, I'm a recent lisp convert - still on the
learning curve, but enjoying it a lot. At work, a few people have
become aware of my growing fondness for lisp. Recently, I was asked to
be part of a team who were going to look at why we were not as
responsive to client requests as we should be. the brief was to look
at development platforms, tools and methodologies. While I have found
a growing number interested in lisp, nobody believes we could ever
convince the power that be to change to what they percieve as an old
(and therefore no good) language used for AI! However, one of my staff
sent me the following, which I thought was very good and which I
thought Peter Siebel might enjoy. The question that was put was what
should the development platform be. Here is the response I got

Lets let google choose. We should make a list of all the things we want
it to be and see what happens.

So lets think, we need simple database handling, practical, some sort of
test framework, the ability to use it online and what the hell lets make
it sexy.

Feed the result into google with the "I'm feeling lucky" option and:

http://www.google.com.au/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=off&q=simple+database+practical+test+framework+online+sexy&btnI=Search&meta=

Tim
--
Tim Cross

From: A.L.
Subject: Re: PCL and some humor
On 12 Sep 2005 19:41:37 +1000, Tim X <····@spamto.devnul.com> wrote:

>As some of you will know, I'm a recent lisp convert -

This is the best humor...

A.L.
From: David Steuber
A.L. <········@kapturek62.com> writes:

> On 12 Sep 2005 19:41:37 +1000, Tim X <····@spamto.devnul.com> wrote:
>
> >As some of you will know, I'm a recent lisp convert -
>
> This is the best humor...

I don't get it. (what A.L. said)

--
You should maybe check the chemical content of your breakfast
cereal. --- Bill Watterson
From: Marco Antoniotti
David Steuber wrote:
> A.L. <········@kapturek62.com> writes:
>

>>On 12 Sep 2005 19:41:37 +1000, Tim X <····@spamto.devnul.com> wrote:
>>

>>>As some of you will know, I'm a recent lisp convert -
>>
>>This is the best humor...
>

> I don't get it. (what A.L. said)

I think it is because A.L. doesn't get Lisp :) (From his past posting...)

Cheers
--
marco
From: jayessay
A.L. <········@kapturek62.com> writes:

> On 12 Sep 2005 19:41:37 +1000, Tim X <····@spamto.devnul.com> wrote:
>

> >As some of you will know, I'm a recent lisp convert -
>
> This is the best humor...
>
> A.L.

Nah, _you're_ the best humor we've seen in a while.

/Jon

--
'j' - a n t h o n y at romeo/charley/november com