From: remixer
Subject: executable application delivery in lisp
Hello all,

Whats your prefered way of delivering executables in Windows for Lisp
projects? I would like to know what works, what doesnt, and what is
tough? Do you have any notes on building the executables for a
significant project? I've tried ECL and Franz with varying levels of
success. I've heard Corman is good, which might be a better alternative
to Franz which charges you for every copy of the runtime you sell (I'm
not 100% sure, please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks,
remixer.

From: Christopher C. Stacy
Subject: Re: executable application delivery in lisp
"remixer" <········@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello all,
> Whats your prefered way of delivering executables
> in Windows for Lisp projects?

First I compile the program; then I start a fresh Lisp
image and tell it to load a short file that simply
loads up the program (using LOAD, LOAD-SYSTEM, ASDF:OOS,
or however it is that you like to load your program),
followed by a call to DELIVER, something like this:

   (deliver 'start-up-fun "foo")

which writes the standalone "FOO.EXE" file.

That's what you do in Lispworks.
There are no runtime license redistribution fees.
From: Edi Weitz
On 6 Sep 2005 21:33:34 -0700, "remixer" <········@gmail.com> wrote:

> Whats your prefered way of delivering executables in Windows for
> Lisp projects?

I use LispWorks.  Delivery works great and there are no runtime fees.

  <http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw445/DV/html/deluser.htm>

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: remixer
Does the Lispworks delivery  also let you create DLLs?

Thanks.
From: Wade Humeniuk
remixer wrote:
> Does the Lispworks delivery  also let you create DLLs?
>
> Thanks.

Yes.

This, any many more questions answered at

http://www.lispworks.com/support/faq.html

Wade
From: Raffael Cavallaro
On 2005-09-08 00:08:19 -0400, Wade Humeniuk

> remixer wrote:
>> Does the Lispworks delivery  also let you create DLLs?
>> Thanks.
>>

> Yes.

Lispworks can *create* dlls only on Windows, not on Mac OS X or Linux.
LispWorks can load and execute existing dynamic libraries on all
platforms.

regards