From: Oleg A. Paraschenko
Subject: XSieve: XSLT + Scheme
  Hello,

  I'm glad to announce XSieve, an XML transformation language based on
combination of XSLT and Scheme. XSieve make XSLT to be a general-purpose
language.

  XSieve allows to switch between XSLT and Scheme modes. Data have two
alternative representations: as XML nodes and as Scheme values. Data is
automatically converted on demand. The Scheme representation is in fact
SXML format:

http://ssax.sourceforge.net/

  If you are intereste, read the full text of announcement, which is
biased towards the XML community:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.xml/msg/ee950d1cd9682d9e

  Comments are welcome.

--
Oleg Paraschenko  ····@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  Generative Programming, XML, TeX, Scheme
From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: XSieve: XSLT + Scheme
"Oleg A. Paraschenko" <······@datahansa.com> writes:

>   Hello,
>
>   I'm glad to announce XSieve, an XML transformation language based on
> combination of XSLT and Scheme. XSieve make XSLT to be a general-purpose
> language.
>
>   XSieve allows to switch between XSLT and Scheme modes. Data have two
> alternative representations: as XML nodes and as Scheme values. Data is
> automatically converted on demand. The Scheme representation is in fact
> SXML format:
>
> http://ssax.sourceforge.net/
>
>   If you are intereste, read the full text of announcement, which is
> biased towards the XML community:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.xml/msg/ee950d1cd9682d9e

What advantages has it over SSAX-based transformation?

Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | ·····@ICQ      | ·········@ICQ | ··········@gmx.at
v2sw7MYChw5pr5OFma7u7Lw2m5g/l7Di6e6t5BSb7en6g3/5HZa2Xs6MSr1/2p7 hackerkey.com

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.