From: Cruise Director
Subject: www.lispalien.com
This is actually a "goodbye!" post, but it can also serve as a
placeholder for a domain name idea.  I'm signing off so that I'll get
back to signature gathering and whatever else constitutes productivity.
 Whenever I post a lot it's a sign that I'm bored.

The idea of building a marketing website around the alien logo excites
me, but the problem is I know I'm not going to pull any punches telling
people what I think.  For why this is so, please peruse
http://www.srds.co.uk/cedtraining/handouts/hand40.htm and note the
entry under "Shaper."

A Usenet forum will inevitably have a diversity of opinion - and
quality - on marketing related issues.  I value diversity, it keeps
everyone honest and on their toes, but let's face it there's a bell
curve about good marketing strategy.  Rather than piss a lot of people
off about what I consider the basics, I'd rather work via private
e-mail.  I'm sure I'll still piss people off, but not nearly so many.
I'm equally sure that self-selecting individuals won't stay mad, as
they're motivated to actually get something done, rather than play
who-can-win-at-Usenet.

So, if a talented webmaster wants to POOF! into existence, I'm happy to
attempt to contribute on the 3D animation, demo, and game side of
things.  As some of you know I'm an abysmal webmaster, so no I won't
shoulder that.  I'm wondering / hoping, that since Conrad was so kind
as to lay golden eggs for us, that someone else may wish to lay golden
eggs of infrastructure.  After which I'd be happy to try to throw some
3D turds at it.

If nobody actually goes POOF! or I'm just too cantankerous to be of
value to anyone, great!  More time for my own projects.  Just let me
know by private e-mail.  Oh, and, um, what is my private e-mail?  That
would be my first initial, joined with my last name run together, at
your friends at Google that everyone is all so the rage about nowadays.

Ta Ta,
Brandon J. Van Every

From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: Re: www.lispalien.com
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:00:43 -0800, Cruise Director wrote:

> This is actually a "goodbye!" post

If only it were true.

Matt
--
"You do not really understand something unless you can
 explain it to your grandmother." — Albert Einstein.
From: Bernd Schmitt
Subject: http://wikihost.org/wikis/lisplogogreate/
Put your ideas here, if you like them to be used freely
(100 MB available).

It is just a wiki.

Ciao,
Bernd
From: Cruise Director
Subject: Re: http://wikihost.org/wikis/lisplogogreate/
Bernd Schmitt wrote:
> http://wikihost.org/wikis/lisplogogreate/
> Put your ideas here, if you like them to be used freely
> (100 MB available).
>
> It is just a wiki.

To keep this in the public view, and to recruit more people to the
effort, it would be good if people periodically give status reports or
make short comments in this thread.  Mine: I'm having a vision of how
many different logos could be incorporated into a world building
exercise.  The primary inhabitants are the aliens, but they can have
schoolbooks, cookbooks, star destroyers, neon lighted restaurants, etc.

Cheers,
Brandon J. Van Every
    (cruise (director (of SeaFunc)
            '(Seattle Functional Programmers)))