From: verec
Subject: crosswords
For those of you interested in following my mis-steps in devising
my crossword generator in Lisp, starting from my previous Java attempt,
here's the page you might want to have a look at, every now and then.

http://lisp.jfb-city.co.uk

Since I'm doing this only on week-ends and on some week-days
evening, progress will be slow.

Also, since I've severly narrowed down the scope of what I want
to achieve in this first version, (no GUI, no thread, no portability
beyond that of Common Lisp proper), I expect it to be easier to
tackle.

At the moment I'm switching back and forth between LispWorks
and OpenMCL. It might be so until I decide I definitely prefer
one to the other.
--
JFB  (defun is more fun than define is fine)

From: Jack Unrue
Subject: Re: crosswords
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:07:45 +0000, verec <·····@mac.com> wrote:

> For those of you interested in following my mis-steps in devising
> my crossword generator in Lisp, starting from my previous Java attempt,
> here's the page you might want to have a look at, every now and then.
>
> http://lisp.jfb-city.co.uk

You know, I could imagine this someday becoming the basis of an article
for Dr Dobb's or some mainstream techie magazine like that.

--
Jack
From: verec
On 2005-10-30 01:07:45 +0000, verec <·····@mac.com> said:

> http://lisp.jfb-city.co.uk

A first, half-backed, incomplete version of the dictionary building code.
--
JFB  ()
From: verec
On 2005-11-13 02:57:21 +0000, verec <·····@mac.com> said:

>> http://lisp.jfb-city.co.uk
> A first, half-backed, incomplete version of the dictionary building code.
The part that populates the dictionary with strings now works.
--
JFB  ()
From: verec
>>> http://lisp.jfb-city.co.uk
>> A first, half-backed, incomplete version of the dictionary building code.
> The part that populates the dictionary with strings now works.
I can now load the dictionary from disk.
--
JFB  ()