From: MrMathematica
Subject: Why no Lisp team in ICFPC?
Hi all,

As said by http://www.cs.luc.edu/icfp/, "ICFP (International Conference
on Functional Programming) is a new (old now) annual programming
language conference combining two former biennial conferences:
Functional Programming and Computer Architecture (FPCA) and Lisp and
Functional Programming (LFP)." So Lispers should know it.

Every year, the ICFP also hold a programing language contest. See
http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/past-contests.html for details. I wonder
why there is nearly no Lisp team taking part in the ICFP contest.

MrMathematica

From: Ivan Boldyrev
Subject: Re: Why no Lisp team in ICFPC?
On 9268 day of my life ···········@citiz.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder why there is nearly no Lisp team taking part in the ICFP
> contest.

According to ICFPC maillist, there were 6 Common Lisp teams this year.
It's more than C# or Ruby teams.

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                      Ok people, move along, there's nothing to see here.
From: Bruce Hoult
In article <························@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
 "MrMathematica" <···········@citiz.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As said by http://www.cs.luc.edu/icfp/, "ICFP (International Conference
> on Functional Programming) is a new (old now) annual programming
> language conference combining two former biennial conferences:
> Functional Programming and Computer Architecture (FPCA) and Lisp and
> Functional Programming (LFP)." So Lispers should know it.
>
> Every year, the ICFP also hold a programing language contest. See
> http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/past-contests.html for details. I wonder
> why there is nearly no Lisp team taking part in the ICFP contest.

In fact there were six common lisp teams.  That might be small compared
to 16 to 34 teams for each of c++, ocaml, python and java but it is
quite a lot compared to one each for dylan and scheme.

--
Bruce |  41.1670S | \  spoken |          -+-
Hoult | 174.8263E | /\ here.  | ----------O----------
From: ···············@yahoo.com
From: Jon Harrop
MrMathematica wrote:
> As said by http://www.cs.luc.edu/icfp/, "ICFP (International Conference
> on Functional Programming) is a new (old now) annual programming
> language conference combining two former biennial conferences:
> Functional Programming and Computer Architecture (FPCA) and Lisp and
> Functional Programming (LFP)." So Lispers should know it.

According to this page:

  http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~plclub/contest/results.php

Lisp was the 8th most popular language and 8th best language in the "main
division" last year. Haskell was the 5th most popular and best language.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com