From: Christopher C. Stacy
Subject: I've had it for a while
I'm fed up with the trolls and signing off for a while.
I like to help out newbies and stuff, and I realize
we have a new crop of students showing up now,
but I just can't deal with this situation any longer.
I have a better idea and am going to work on that,
so that next season's crop will have a better alternative.

From: BR
Subject: Re: I've had it for a while
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:52:54 +0000, Christopher C. Stacy wrote:

> I'm fed up with the trolls and signing off for a while. I like to help
> out newbies and stuff, and I realize we have a new crop of students
> showing up now, but I just can't deal with this situation any longer. I
> have a better idea and am going to work on that, so that next season's
> crop will have a better alternative.

*raised eyebrow*

Killfiles. Makes a world of difference.
From: Thomas A. Russ
BR <··········@comcast.net> writes:

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:52:54 +0000, Christopher C. Stacy wrote:
>
> > I'm fed up with the trolls and signing off for a while. I like to help
> > out newbies and stuff, and I realize we have a new crop of students
> > showing up now, but I just can't deal with this situation any longer. I
> > have a better idea and am going to work on that, so that next season's
> > crop will have a better alternative.
>
> *raised eyebrow*
>
> Killfiles. Makes a world of difference.

Not always, or at least not simply.
It's not so much the original messages, but the follow-ups that overwhelm you.

From: David Steuber
···@sevak.isi.edu (Thomas A. Russ) writes:

> BR <··········@comcast.net> writes:
>

> > On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:52:54 +0000, Christopher C. Stacy wrote:
> >
> > > I'm fed up with the trolls and signing off for a while. I like
> > > to help out newbies and stuff, and I realize we have a new crop
> > > of students showing up now, but I just can't deal with this
> > > situation any longer. I have a better idea and am going to work
> > > on that, so that next season's crop will have a better
> > > alternative.
> >
> > *raised eyebrow*
> >
> > Killfiles. Makes a world of difference.
>
> Not always, or at least not simply.  It's not so much the original
> messages, but the follow-ups that overwhelm you.

You need to be able to score down articles based on a message ID in
the references header.  Lose the fups that way.

--
http://www.david-steuber.com/
The UnBlog | Lisp on OS X topics for the most part
From: Stefan Scholl
Christopher C. Stacy <······@news.dtpq.com> wrote:
> I'm fed up with the trolls and signing off for a while.

Yeah, Gnus' scoring mechanism can be kind of slow ...