From: RavenPack International
Subject: Position: Common Lisp Developer: Marbella, Spain
Reply to: ··········@ravenpack.com

Position:   Common Lisp Developer
Post Date:  7 October 2005
Available:  Immediately
Company:    RavenPack International, S.L.
Location:   Marbella, Spain

Overview:

Position immediately available for an experienced, motivated software
professional.  You will work with an international team of developers
and scientists with backgrounds and interests in computing,
psychology, linguistics, finance, mathematics, anthropology, and
philosophy.

The ideal candidate will have excellent skills as a computer scientist
and software engineer, with experience delivering quality software.
You must be fluent in standard software development practices on
current operating systems.  If you are not already an expert in Common
Lisp, you will become one.  Innovative problem solving and engaging
human interaction are key.

+ Design and implement maintainable software in Common Lisp based on
  loose and changing specifications, with a high degree of
  independence.

+ Interface to and build solutions in other languages such as Java, C,
  Unix scripts, or Visual Basic.  Use the best tool for the job.

+ Familiarity with SQL and specifically Oracle 9i RDMBS including
  query optimization and PL/SQL is very much a plus.

+ Comfort in a growing, fast-paced environment with a premium on
  problem solving.  Must have the flexibility to do whatever needs to
  be done to solve the problems correctly.

+ Work successfully in a small team environment, with a willingness to
  teach and to learn.  Lead reviews of your code and participate in
  the reviews of others.

Business at RavenPack is conducted mostly in English.  Solid writing
and verbal skills in English are required.  Knowledge of Spanish is
not a business requirement.

Current European Union legal working status is preferred.

About the Employer:

RavenPack is committed to expanding the frontiers of Artificial
Intelligence by delivering Business, Financial, and Government
solutions.  RavenPack collaborates with its private and public sector
clients to help them turn large amounts of data into vital knowledge.

RavenPack provides corporate and government clients with global
consulting services and analytical solutions. RavenPack delivers
intelligence services in the areas of finance and investment through
its flagship solution called the RavenSpace Market Intelligence
System� (MIS). The MIS� offers real-time analytical trading tools to
help investors understand the numerous factors that affect market
prices. The MIS� combines models from the three major forecast groups
(technical, fundamental, and market psychology) to produce timely
investment recommendations and to automatically execute trades.

http://www.ravenpack.com/
From: Coby Beck
"Coby Beck" <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote in message
························@edtnps89...
> "RavenPack International" <··········@ravenpack.com> wrote in message
> ················································@teranews...
>> Reply to: ··········@ravenpack.com
>>
>> Position:   Common Lisp Developer
>> Post Date:  7 October 2005
>> Available:  Immediately
>> Company:    RavenPack International, S.L.
>> Location:   Marbella, Spain
>
> I had a red-flag experience with this company enquiring about such a
> position a couple of years ago.
>
> Just my personal anecdote, I am not trying to discourage anyone else from
> responding, just a friendly warning to keep your eyes open and ask all the
> right questions.

Since posting this, I have had further contact with RavenPack and I am
satisfied that my concerns were unjustified.  It seems only to have been the
result of a missed email and if there is any fault it is mine for a lack of
diligence in following things through.

I hope no one was deterred from enquiring and I hope there is no lasting
negative impact for RavenPack.

--
Coby Beck