From: ·········@yahoo.com
Subject: Common Lisp :Help me!!Viva one week to go!! -> How to read from textfile structure by structure and assigning them to names and variables....dun want to extract all structures in a bunch
Am still completing my expert system or rather diagnostic system in
Common Lisp and bit stressed right now. I have saved my cases into lisp
structures using defstruct into a textfile. THe question is :

1. How to extract  structures one by one from the textfile rather than
the whole bunch of them?

2. And how do i index them and append them to a database called
*example-database* (which consist of previous cases using
defstruct)after a new case is saved into the textfile? How do I update
it to *example-database* after extracting from the textfile?

Please help,
tq
aston

From: Peter Lewerin
> Am still completing my expert system or rather diagnostic system in
> Common Lisp and bit stressed right now. I have saved my cases into lisp
> structures using defstruct into a textfile. THe question is :

What have you got so far?
From: ·········@yahoo.com
Peter Lewerin wrote:
> > Am still completing my expert system or rather diagnostic system in
> > Common Lisp and bit stressed right now. I have saved my cases into lisp
> > structures using defstruct into a textfile. THe question is :
>
> What have you got so far?

 I have uploaded the code under a new post. Please do have a look at
it. Thanks.
From: Frank Buss
·········@yahoo.com wrote:

> 2. And how do i index them and append them to a database called
> *example-database* (which consist of previous cases using
> defstruct)after a new case is saved into the textfile? How do I update
> it to *example-database* after extracting from the textfile?

CL-USER > *example-database*

Error: The variable *EXAMPLE-DATABASE* is unbound.
  1 (continue) Try evaluating *EXAMPLE-DATABASE* again.
  2 Specify a value to use this time instead of evaluating
*EXAMPLE-DATABASE*.
  3 Specify a value to set *EXAMPLE-DATABASE* to.
  4 (abort) Return to level 0.
  5 Return to top loop level 0.

--
Frank Bu�, ··@frank-buss.de