From: David
Subject: Any Lisp programmers in Devon, England wanting to startup a startup?
Hi all,

I have an interesting idea (and quite a bit of working code!) for some
web based software which I think could be very successful. All the code
is written in Lisp (which has been a very big win) by me as a
freelancer and I'm thinking of starting up a company to progress it. It
would be helpful if I had someone else to work with, so if by any
chance (though it seems a long shot) there's anyone else here in Devon
who might be interested, let me know. I know of a couple of decent
programmers, though not with any appreciable lisp experience, but
they're both kind of otherwise engaged.

Since Lisp programming jobs seem to be all but non existant around here
(reed.co.uk doesn't turn up any) making some seems to be a good way
around the problem. I was actually fortunate in my last job in having a
fair amount of freedom and being able to use lisp there, but most of
the jobs I see advertised are for Java/.Net or (horrors) VB
programmers. This seems to be one of the few flaws with Lisp - once
you've used it for any length of time it's hard to go to back to using
other programming languages.

-- David