From: bradb
Subject: Help with Vllisp's funnel.pl please
Hi all (and especially Larry if he is listening :)
I am having some problems with Vllisp & cl-ncurses, detailed here
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_frm/thread/27afda46108bee57/3bcbd6616a790685?hl=en#3bcbd6616a790685
Basically I think that the funnel.pl waits for a full line of text
before passing the text on.  Which messes me up when I am developing
with ncurses & I want to process raw char input.
I have no Perl experiance with Perl at all, so I am hoping that some
kind soul who uses Vllisp will come up with a fix that lets funnel.pl
pass raw characters to the Lisp REPL.
If I do manage to fix things, I'll post here.

Thanks
Brad
From: Larry Clapp
Subject: Re: Help with Vllisp's funnel.pl please
On 2005-10-02, bradb <··············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all (and especially Larry if he is listening :)

My reading of cll is erratic (my news reader currently reports > 3100
new messages).  You'd've had much better luck emailing me directly.[1]

> I am having some problems with Vllisp & cl-ncurses, detailed here
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_frm/thread/27afda46108bee57/3bcbd6616a790685?hl=en#3bcbd6616a790685
> Basically I think that the funnel.pl waits for a full line of text
> before passing the text on.  Which messes me up when I am developing
> with ncurses & I want to process raw char input.

funnel.pl puts GNU Readline between you and your Lisp.  I know little
about the innards of Readline or ncurses, but I suspect they work
together badly.

For now, I think my advice would be "don't do that".  Sorry.

-- Larry Clapp
   Author, VILisp
            ^     ;)

[1] On the other hand, my advice here doesn't help very much, so
reaching me or not reaching me for this problem made little
difference.  :(