From: Timofei Shatrov
Subject: A very strange wxcl problem
Trying to load wxcl for Windows in CLISP 2.34

FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY: Cannot open library
"C:\\LISP\\wxcl-1.1.1\\miscellaneous\\wxc-msw2.6.2.dll "

What the hell? The file exists at this place - verified with
(with-open-file (in wxcl:+library-name+)). It also was working on
another computer with exactly the same configuration (same OS, compiler
and environment). It loads other .dlls just fine. I'm absolutely at loss
why it can't load this particular one. Any help would be appreciated.

--
|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru  http://grue3.tripod.com |
|  k  ||  PWNZ J00   || Kingdom of Loathing: Grue3 lvl 18 Seal Clubber |
`-----'`-------------'`-------------------------------------------[4*72]

From: Mark Carter
Subject: Re: A very strange wxcl problem
Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> Trying to load wxcl for Windows in CLISP 2.34
>
> FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY: Cannot open library
> "C:\\LISP\\wxcl-1.1.1\\miscellaneous\\wxc-msw2.6.2.dll "
>
> What the hell? The file exists at this place - verified with
> (with-open-file (in wxcl:+library-name+)). It also was working on
> another computer with exactly the same configuration (same OS, compiler
> and environment). It loads other .dlls just fine. I'm absolutely at loss
> why it can't load this particular one. Any help would be appreciated.

A workaround that works for me is to copy the miscellaneous dir to the
parent of the directory where you are running your program.
From: Surendra Singhi
····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) writes:

> Trying to load wxcl for Windows in CLISP 2.34
>
> FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY: Cannot open library
> "C:\\LISP\\wxcl-1.1.1\\miscellaneous\\wxc-msw2.6.2.dll "
>
> What the hell? The file exists at this place - verified with
> (with-open-file (in wxcl:+library-name+)). It also was working on
> another computer with exactly the same configuration (same OS, compiler
> and environment). It loads other .dlls just fine. I'm absolutely at loss
> why it can't load this particular one. Any help would be appreciated.

Hard to tell. But you have a _space_ in front of the file name, it should not be a
problem, but try removing it and see if it works.

Cheers.

--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/index.html

,----

`----
From: Ivan Boldyrev
On 9249 day of my life Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> Trying to load wxcl for Windows in CLISP 2.34
>
> FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY: Cannot open library
> "C:\\LISP\\wxcl-1.1.1\\miscellaneous\\wxc-msw2.6.2.dll "
    This space character at end of string, perhaps?     ^

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                  Sorry my terrible English, my native language is Lisp!
From: Timofei Shatrov

>On 9249 day of my life Timofei Shatrov wrote:
>> Trying to load wxcl for Windows in CLISP 2.34
>>
>> FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY: Cannot open library
>> "C:\\LISP\\wxcl-1.1.1\\miscellaneous\\wxc-msw2.6.2.dll "
>    This space character at end of string, perhaps?     ^

No, the space doesn't matter - it's a copy-paste error. It wasn't
working with whatever path I was setting. I even tried to rename dll. It
just didn't work.  The problem is moot now, because the computer in
question is now 1000 km from my current location...