From: ogliomus
Subject: Lispbox and Lisp Toolkit on Windows
I am trying Lispbox on Windows 2000 together with the Lisp Toolkit of
Peter Herth. I am new to Lisp. How do I solve the following name
conflict? I don't get the error using Clisp interpreter outside
Lispbox (Emacs).

CL-USER> (load "c:\\lispbox-0.6\\ltk\\ltk")

CL-USER> (use-package :ltk)
(USE-PACKAGE (#<PACKAGE LTK>) #1=#<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP-USER>): 1 name
conflicts remain
Which symbol with name "VALUE" should be accessible in #1#?

   [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]
.... ecc. ecc.

Thanks.
GC

From: Peter Herth
Subject: Re: Lispbox and Lisp Toolkit on Windows
ogliomus wrote:
> I am trying Lispbox on Windows 2000 together with the Lisp Toolkit of
> Peter Herth. I am new to Lisp. How do I solve the following name
> conflict? I don't get the error using Clisp interpreter outside
> Lispbox (Emacs).
>
> CL-USER> (load "c:\\lispbox-0.6\\ltk\\ltk")
>
> CL-USER> (use-package :ltk)
> (USE-PACKAGE (#<PACKAGE LTK>) #1=#<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP-USER>): 1 name
> conflicts remain
> Which symbol with name "VALUE" should be accessible in #1#?
>
>    [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]
> .... ecc. ecc.
>
> Thanks.
> GC
Hi,

while I have no idea where the definition of value comes from,
it sounds like a symbol conflict, that is, you try to import
the symbol value from Ltk, which is already defined in your
CL-USER package. To resolve that, you could either try
(unintern 'value) before the use-package or refer to the
Ltk symbols without usepackage as in ltk:with-ltk.

Peter

--
Ltk, the easy lisp gui http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/
From: ogliomus
Peter Herth <·······@t-online.de> wrote:
>> [cut]
>while I have no idea where the definition of value comes from,
>it sounds like a symbol conflict, that is, you try to import
>the symbol value from Ltk, which is already defined in your
>CL-USER package. To resolve that, you could either try
>(unintern 'value) before the use-package or refer to the
>Ltk symbols without usepackage as in ltk:with-ltk.

I have another question. Does LTK support double byte characters? I
mean, is there a way (under Windows and setting the appropriate font )
to have for example japanese character displayed on widgets with a
"text property" like button, label, text etc.? It is more a matter of
curiosity, since Tcl and Tk support the Unicode character fonts.
Thanks again.
GC
From: Peter Herth
ogliomus wrote:

> I have another question. Does LTK support double byte characters? I
> mean, is there a way (under Windows and setting the appropriate font )
> to have for example japanese character displayed on widgets with a
> "text property" like button, label, text etc.? It is more a matter of
> curiosity, since Tcl and Tk support the Unicode character fonts.
> Thanks again.
> GC

While Ltk has no explicit support for double byte characters, it
should be no big deal to use them. After all Ltk just sends Tk
commands to wish - so if you can represent Tk unicode characters
in a Lisp printable form, Ltk can use them.

Peter

--
Ltk, the easy lisp gui http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/