From: Peter Huybrechts
Subject: Lisp exercises
Hi,

I'm learning LISP and I'm looking for some exercises.
Can somebody point me to a webpage where I can find exercises from easy
level to difficult ?
(I'm following the book Practical Common LISP)

Thanks in advance.
Peter

From: justinhj
Subject: Re: Lisp exercises
Peter Huybrechts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm learning LISP and I'm looking for some exercises.
> Can somebody point me to a webpage where I can find exercises from easy
> level to difficult ?
> (I'm following the book Practical Common LISP)
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Peter

The book (available free online) Structure and Interpretation of
Computer Programs has a lot of exercises of varying difficulty which I
found interesting when learning lisp/scheme.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html

Justin
From: Karstens Rage
Peter Huybrechts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm learning LISP and I'm looking for some exercises.
> Can somebody point me to a webpage where I can find exercises from easy
> level to difficult ?
> (I'm following the book Practical Common LISP)
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Peter

I found a lot of great problems at TopCoder and just tried to implement
them in LISP for practice. In some cases it was so obvious how to do it
and LISP so perfect for implementation, that the solution could be four
lines or so. Other kinds of problems were harder to conceptualize for me.

Go to www.topcoder.com, click on Algorithm Competitions, click on
problem you have to register, but its free.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Karstens Rage <········@rage.com> writes:

> Peter Huybrechts wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm learning LISP and I'm looking for some exercises.
>> Can somebody point me to a webpage where I can find exercises from easy
>> level to difficult ?
>> (I'm following the book Practical Common LISP)
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Peter
>>

> I found a lot of great problems at TopCoder and just tried to implement
> them in LISP for practice. In some cases it was so obvious how to do it
> and LISP so perfect for implementation, that the solution could be four
> lines or so. Other kinds of problems were harder to conceptualize for me.
>
> Go to www.topcoder.com, click on Algorithm Competitions, click on
> problem you have to register, but its free.

Another one is http://spoj.sphere.pl/

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to live
From: ·········@gmail.com
I couldn't just understand some of the examples of that book the way I
like, it is, knowing all the implications of some function or macro and
not just copy-paste and modify to see what happens.

The book I really understood is:
COMMON LISP
An Interactive Approach
STUART C. SHAPIRO

The exercises range from very very trivial, to just complex enough to
do with what you just learned.

Of course, YMMV