From: klaus
Subject: Darpa Grand Challenge 05
Hi,

does anybody know if there was a single team in the Darpa Grand
Challenge 2005 which did *not* use C/C++ as primary software
development language?

-klaus

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: Darpa Grand Challenge 05
klaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know if there was a single team in the Darpa Grand
> Challenge 2005 which did *not* use C/C++ as primary software
> development language?

You call /that/ a troll? puh-leeze.

kt

"The stone that the builder refuse
Will always be the head cornerstone"

         Bob Marley, Corner Stone 1:5
From: klaus
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> klaus wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody know if there was a single team in the Darpa Grand
>> Challenge 2005 which did *not* use C/C++ as primary software
>> development language?
>

> You call /that/ a troll? puh-leeze.
>
> kt
>
> "The stone that the builder refuse
> Will always be the head cornerstone"
>
>         Bob Marley, Corner Stone 1:5

Ah, come on, I was just curious if someone tried Eiffel, Ada, rt-Java,
whatever ... maybe even Lisp, and I have been asking here because
in my eyes this group is still full of highly respected language and
systems experts, just like you, Kenny T. ;-)

I have been looking through some of the Darpa Project Reports and most
of them appeared to be using C++, but I became tired soon of searching
through the PDFs.

-klaus.
From: Kenny Tilton
klaus wrote:
> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

>> klaus wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> does anybody know if there was a single team in the Darpa Grand
>>> Challenge 2005 which did *not* use C/C++ as primary software
>>> development language?
>>

>> You call /that/ a troll? puh-leeze.
>>
>> kt
>>
>> "The stone that the builder refuse
>> Will always be the head cornerstone"
>>
>>         Bob Marley, Corner Stone 1:5
>>
> Ah, come on, I was just curious if someone tried Eiffel, Ada, rt-Java,
> whatever ...

No, you said everyone used C/C++. I looked at one and did not see a
language mentioned. Case closed.

:)

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it."
     Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950