From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: please help: missing pages in PAIP
Hi,

The PAIP I bought has the pages 453--468 missing. I could return the
book, but since I live in brazil (I bought it at amazon) it would take
many months to sent it back and then receive the new copy. That'd be
too long since I'm using the book now (I'm sort of addicted to it :-)

I'm wondering if someone would be kind enough to scan the missing
pages for me (they are only 9 pages if one scans two pages at once) or
make a photocopy. I'd, of course, reimburse any cost.

Pedro Kröger

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: please help: missing pages in PAIP
I forgot to tell, I have the second printing

"You can tell which printing you have by looking at
the back cover: If the author's affiliation is "Berkeley", you have a
first printing, ...  If it is "Sun Microsystems", you have a second
printing."
(http://www.norvig.com/paip-errata.html)

Pedro Kröger
From: Bernd Schmitt
Pedro Kr�ger wrote:
> I forgot to tell, I have the second printing
me, too.
453 - 468
453: 13.8 a clos example: searching tools
454: 13.9 is clos object oriented
455: 13.10 advantages of object-oriented programming
456: 13.11 history and references
459: 13.12 exercises
460: 14 knowledge representation and reasoning
462: 14.1 a taxonomy of representation languages
462: 14.2 predicate calculus and its problems
463: 14.1 a taxonomy of reprezsentation languages
463: 14.2 predicate calculus and its problems
465: 14.3 a logical language: prolog
      14.4 problems with prolog's expressiveness
468: 14.5 problems with predicate clculus\s expressiveness

if there are no legal problems and noone else in your near is available,
we can do it.
If so send a message to
···························@gmx.net
(i have no 'o' in my mail-adress ;)

Ciao,
Bernd

--
          T_a_k_e__c_a_r_e__o_f__y_o_u_r__R_I_G_H_T_S.
            P_r_e_v_e_n_t__L_O_G_I_C--P_A_T_E_N_T_S
From: Pedro Kröger
thank you very much. I'm going to contact you privately.

Pedro Kroger
From: Babar K. Zafar
From: Jens Axel Søgaard
Pedro Kr�ger wrote:
> The PAIP I bought has the pages 453--468 missing. I could return the
> book, but since I live in brazil (I bought it at amazon) it would take
> many months to sent it back and then receive the new copy. That'd be
> too long since I'm using the book now (I'm sort of addicted to it :-)

The same thing happened to me - receiving a book (not PAIP) with blank
pages. Amazon sent me a new one, and asked me to donate the old one
to the nearest library or school. Try asking them - but perhaps their
answer depends on how expensive the book is.

--
Jens Axel S�gaard
From: Pedro Kröger
That's not my case :-( in fact, I actually bought it from a seller
thought amazon, so the seller (a1books) is responsable for that. The
seller says he may refund the money, wich I don't want because it would
take a long time to receive another copy of it :-(

Pedro Kröger
From: Paolo Amoroso
Jens Axel S�gaard <······@soegaard.net> writes:

> The same thing happened to me - receiving a book (not PAIP) with blank
> pages. Amazon sent me a new one, and asked me to donate the old one
> to the nearest library or school. Try asking them - but perhaps their

Something similar happened to me when I ordered AMOP from Amazon.
Apparently, my shipping and that of a lady in USA were swapped: I
received her books, and she probably got mine.  When I received the
box in the mail and opened it, I found books for small kids with
titles like "Everybody poops" and "My bellybutton".  Before you laugh
at my surprise, just consider the poor lady who expected children
books and got AMOP instead :)

When I notified Amazon, I was advised to donate the books to a local
school, and informed that they would have shipped another copy of
AMOP, which they did.

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools: