From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Lisp Job in CA
Just noticed this on dice dot com:

"Title:   	LISP, Scheme Programmer
Skills: 	lisp, scheme, prolog programming, mortgage, forms

Date: 	11-13-2005
Location: 	Brea, CA
Area code: 	714

Tax term: 	CON_W2 CON_HIRE_W2
Pay rate: 	$20/hr DOE
Length: 	6 mo contract-hire

Position ID: 	schemeprog
Dice ID: 	placesi

Job description:
Our client is looking for a candidate that is familiar with LISP, Scheme
Programming. This is an intermediate position. If you have been
programming in another language for at least 2 years and are familiar
with lisp, shceme, this is helpful.

This is not a training entry level position.

Prefers a caniddate that understands the mortgage industry on the
business side to be familiar with the terminology being used in these
forms....

NO THIRD PARTIES,NO SPONSORSHIPS,LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED,NO
RELOCATION OFFERED

Travel required: 	none
Telecommute: 	no"

From: Karstens Rage
Subject: Re: Lisp Job in CA
Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Just noticed this on dice dot com:
>
> "Title:       LISP, Scheme Programmer
> Skills:     lisp, scheme, prolog programming, mortgage, forms
>
> Date:     11-13-2005
> Location:     Brea, CA
> Area code:     714
>
> Tax term:     CON_W2 CON_HIRE_W2
> Pay rate:     $20/hr DOE
> Length:     6 mo contract-hire

Is $20/hour normal? That seems awfully low to me.

--------------------------------------
A good rule of thumb is never to use PROG under any circumstances for
anything.
                -- Dave Moon
From: Jock Cooper
Karstens Rage <········@rage.com> writes:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
> > Just noticed this on dice dot com:
> >
> > "Title:       LISP, Scheme Programmer
> > Skills:     lisp, scheme, prolog programming, mortgage, forms
> >
> > Date:     11-13-2005
> > Location:     Brea, CA
> > Area code:     714
> >
> > Tax term:     CON_W2 CON_HIRE_W2
> > Pay rate:     $20/hr DOE
> > Length:     6 mo contract-hire
> >

> Is $20/hour normal? That seems awfully low to me.

I'd say it's a crap salary for Orange County..
From: Herb Martin
>> Is $20/hour normal? That seems awfully low to me.
>>

> I'd say it's a crap salary for Orange County..

It's crap for anywhere in the US, doing any sort of
serious programming.

Lisp programmers are quite likely better than me on average,
and I got $25/hour back in 1988 when all I did was Pascal.

And for Orange County cost of living it is just insulting.

--
Herb Martin

···················@jcooper02.sagepub.com...

From: David Magda

> Just noticed this on dice dot com:
>
> "Title:   	LISP, Scheme Programmer
> Skills: 	lisp, scheme, prolog programming, mortgage, forms
>
> Date: 	11-13-2005
> Location: 	Brea, CA
> Area code: 	714

And here I thought it was a Canadian job. :)

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>