From: ·········@gmail.com
Subject: setting up allegro cl 7.0 trial edition to work with emacs
Hello,

I am trying to set up acl 7.0 trial edition to work with Emacs on
Windows following the steps in the Common Lisp Cookbook here:
http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/windows.html.

However when trying to create the non-IDE Lisp image & exe (alisp.exe)
in step 5, evaluating the form.
(progn
  (build-lisp-image "alisp.dxl" :case-mode :case-insensitive-upper
                    :include-ide nil :restart-app-function nil)
  (sys:copy-file "sys:allegro-ansi.exe" "sys:alisp.exe"))

The Lisp process exits due to the following error which is a result of
evaluating the first form above build-lisp-image...
Error (from DEBUG): Package "IDE.BASE" not found.

Could someone help me?  The instructions in the CL cookbook are for acl
6.2 edition, perhaps there is some change in acl 7.0 that I am not
aware of.

Thanks.

From: Scott Bell
The README file that accompanies the ACL trial will have the exact
instructions for building all the different possible lisps.

- Scott
From: Scott Bell
I just noticed that the instructions on cl-cookbook are for setting up
an ILISP or ELI development environment. You might want to also
consider giving SLIME a try, which can be configured with ACL on Win32
with not too much difficulty after you read Bill Clementson's helpful
hints: http://bc.tech.coop/blog/040303.html