From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for November
Hi all,

We've got a "double banger" for November - two presentations in one
night! Both will be related to innovations in how one might manage/use
data.

Note: The venue will be different from our previous meetings. This new
venue is close to UBC, is quiet, has a VGA projector, and (most
importantly) sells beer.

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: Data Innovations
Presenter: Bill Clementson and Avi Bryant/Andy Catton
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2005
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Think!, 4512 West 10th Ave., Vancouver - see map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=4512+West+10th+Ave%2E%2C+Vancouver%2C
   1. RDBMS's are a kludge! Bill Clementson will give a presentation on
AllegroCache, Franz's new all-lisp object database. Forget about
schemas and views, just think objects (and not just CLOS objects!).
   2. The "long tail" of software development. Who builds radically
customizable software for the individual or small business? Nobody,
right? There are no margins in that, right? Well, Dabble is an attempt
to prove that wrong. Avi Bryant and Andy Catton will give a demo of a
new approach to data management (written in Smalltalk, but we won't
hold that against them ;-)).

Once again, I will attempt to record the talk(s). Hopefully, since we
will be at a much quieter venue, the recording will actually be
audible!

--
Bill Clementson