From: Mark Carter
Subject: Corman and FOREIGN HEAP PTR
I am trying to download webpages using Corman Lisp 2.51.

Their examples directory has a file called internet.lisp, which
downloads the webpage http://www.apple.com, and sets buffer with its
contents.

The problem is that it buffer is of type
#< FOREIGN HEAP PTR: #x32DD68, length = 1024 bytes >
How do I convert this into a string so that I can process the html contents?

From: Luís Oliveira
Subject: Re: Corman and FOREIGN HEAP PTR
Mark Carter <··@privacy.net> writes:
> The problem is that it buffer is of type
> #< FOREIGN HEAP PTR: #x32DD68, length = 1024 bytes >
> How do I convert this into a string so that I can process the html
> contents?

If that's a C string, use C-TYPES:C-STRING-TO-LISP-STRING.

--
Luís Oliveira
luismbo (@) gmail (.) com
From: Mark Carter
Luís Oliveira wrote:
> Mark Carter <··@privacy.net> writes:
>
>>The problem is that it buffer is of type
>>#< FOREIGN HEAP PTR: #x32DD68, length = 1024 bytes >
>>How do I convert this into a string so that I can process the html
>>contents?
>

> If that's a C string, use C-TYPES:C-STRING-TO-LISP-STRING.

Bingo! Thanks for the help