From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Document preparation tools used for TI Lisp software documentation
The manuals of some early Texas Instruments Lisp products are typeset
with a similar layout, suggesting the use of the same document
preparation tools.  Examples of such manuals are those of TI Explorer
LispMs, PC-Scheme and MIT CLX.

Were the same tools used for all these manuals?  Did they run on TI
Explorers?  I seem to have read that Explorers didn't have a document
preparation system like Symbolics Concordia.

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools:
From: Barry Margolin
In article <··············@plato.moon.paoloamoroso.it>,
 Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> wrote:

> The manuals of some early Texas Instruments Lisp products are typeset
> with a similar layout, suggesting the use of the same document
> preparation tools.  Examples of such manuals are those of TI Explorer
> LispMs, PC-Scheme and MIT CLX.
>
> Were the same tools used for all these manuals?  Did they run on TI
> Explorers?  I seem to have read that Explorers didn't have a document
> preparation system like Symbolics Concordia.

Maybe it was Bolio, a formatter that was written in Lisp on the MIT
Lispms.

The name comes from an ice cream store located near Harvard Square
called "Emac & Bolio".  We already had the Emacs text editor, so the
associated formatter was named after the rest of the store name.  Lispm
developers clearly liked ice cream, as several of the terms that were
used in the Flavors OO system came from Steve's Ice Cream (the original,
located in Davis Square, long before he sold out to Joey and he
franchised them).

--
Barry Margolin, ······@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA