From: Andreas Hinze
Subject: Re: CL Insight...
Hi,
J.C. Roberts wrote:

 > The problem is the only Common Lisp implementations I've found that
 > support lots of different platforms are all commercial. Needing to pay
 > $1000+ USD for a commercial Common Lisp implementation is no big deal
 > to me but what about other developers on the planet? -The $50 USD cost
 > of a single technical book in the US can be a month's wages in other
 > parts of the world.

When you provide add-ons for Cadence (is there ANY product for less than
$20.000 ?), AutoDesk ($5000 and up for programmable Tools) and Mentor
(>$20.000 for the smallest IC toolchains) then i would assume that anyone
who has that tools is able to pay $1000 for the LISP compiler.
However, as others mention, CLISP is available for all plattforms you
want to support.

Kind regards
AHz