From: Philippe Lorin
Subject: Lisp + SDL + GTK
I would like to use SDL, as well as GTK-Server (simultaneously, if
possible), with Lisp. I would need some advice on which Lisp I should
choose.

I'm new to Lisp and pretty much lost. I can use Windows or Linux. I did
some research on the web but there seems to be very little information
about Lisp + SDL. The CL-SDL site does not say much. I considered using
Lush but I'd rather use a standard Common Lisp.

Any opinions welcome!

From: Oyvin Halfdan Thuv
Subject: Re: Lisp + SDL + GTK
Philippe Lorin <············@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to use SDL, as well as GTK-Server (simultaneously, if
> possible), with Lisp. I would need some advice on which Lisp I should
> choose.
>
> I'm new to Lisp and pretty much lost. I can use Windows or Linux. I
> did some research on the web but there seems to be very little
> information about Lisp + SDL. The CL-SDL site does not say much. I
> considered using Lush but I'd rather use a standard Common Lisp.

Last time I tried SBCL + CL-SDL on Debian, it worked out-of-the-box. I haven't
tried GTK-server, but I would assume it to work (SBCL has sockets).

--
Oyvin
From: Philippe Lorin
> Last time I tried SBCL + CL-SDL on Debian, it worked out-of-the-box. I haven't
> tried GTK-server, but I would assume it to work (SBCL has sockets).

Thanks, the SBCL + SDL combination works for me too. I also looked into
CLisp but apparently there's no straightforward way to use CL-SDL with
it because its FFI is not UFFI. As for GTK-server, it looks like it
should work but I'm not quite done yet (I'll make another post about that).
From: Joerg Hoehle
Philippe Lorin <············@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, the SBCL + SDL combination works for me too. I also looked into
> CLisp but apparently there's no straightforward way to use CL-SDL with
> it because its FFI is not UFFI.

Did you look at http://www.cliki.net/UFFI ?

CLISP works with cl-sdl on my Linux Ubuntu/Debian box.

Regards
	Jorg Hohle
Telekom/T-Systems Technology Center