From: ·······@gmail.com
Subject: Lisp in a box help
Installed the Tiger version of Lisp in a box v0.6.1 Allegro this
afternoon on my iBook, but am getting this error after specifying my
license file:

(load "/Applications/Lispbox/slime-2005-05-09/swank-loader.lisp"
:verbose t)
(swank:start-server "/tmp/slime.914" :external-format
:iso-latin-1-unix)
dylib module error linking
/Applications/Lispbox/acl62_trial/libacli623t.dylib: Must be a Mach-O
MH_BUNDLE file

Process inferior-lisp exited abnormally with code 1

Any ideas? I apologize if this is a simple problem, but this is my
second day on an Apple.

Thanks,
PJ

From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Re: Lisp in a box help
·······@gmail.com writes:

> Installed the Tiger version of Lisp in a box v0.6.1 Allegro this
> afternoon on my iBook, but am getting this error after specifying my
> license file:
>
> (load "/Applications/Lispbox/slime-2005-05-09/swank-loader.lisp"
> :verbose t)
> (swank:start-server "/tmp/slime.914" :external-format
> :iso-latin-1-unix)
> dylib module error linking
> /Applications/Lispbox/acl62_trial/libacli623t.dylib: Must be a Mach-O
> MH_BUNDLE file
>
> Process inferior-lisp exited abnormally with code 1
>
> Any ideas? I apologize if this is a simple problem, but this is my
> second day on an Apple.

Don't bang your head against this too hard--with the OS versions
coming fast and furious from Apple over the past few weeks, it's
likely that I screwed something up. Are you on 10.4.0 (i.e. brand new
Tiger install) or 10.4.1 (you've run Software Update and gotten the OS
patch that came out a few days after Tiger was released.) (I've
already lost track which one 0.6.1 is supposed to work on--as soon as
I get a chance I'll build a 0.6.2 and make sure it at least works on
10.4.1. Unfortunately I'm a bit swamped at the moment with work as I'm
trying to make up for the two years spent writing the book. It's
possible that I failed to upgrade the Allegro installation properly
for 10.4 and that if you follow the instructions on Allegro's web
site[1] for upgrading a 6.2 installation to run on 10.4 it might help.
Or just wait until I do it. Sorry for the confusion.

-Peter

[1] http://www.franz.com/support/patches/log/6.2/index.lhtml#shared-library_libacli623_dylib_746

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: ·······@gmail.com
Not a problem Peter. I'm running 10.4.1. I'll take a look over at
Franz's site and see if I can track it down.

Thanks,
PJ
From: Peter Seibel
·······@gmail.com writes:

> Not a problem Peter. I'm running 10.4.1. I'll take a look over at
> Franz's site and see if I can track it down.

Okay, so the Allegro Lispbox for OS X (10.4) has been bumped to 0.6.2
and includes an Allegro with the latest patches from Franz. If you get
a chance to download it from

  <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/download.html>

and take it for a spin, let me know how it goes.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: ·······@gmail.com