From: Emre Sevinc
Subject: Anybody done Lisp programming for Lego Mindstorms?
Has anybody played with XS Lisp developed by Taiichi Yuasa
for Mindstorms programming?

http://www.yuasa.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yuasa/xs/

I'd like to receive reviews, comparisons, etc.

--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer         Actively engaged in:
http:www.bilgi.edu.tr           http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr         http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student       http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Emre Sevinc <·····@bilgi.edu.tr> writes:

> Has anybody played with XS Lisp developed by Taiichi Yuasa
> for Mindstorms programming?
>
> http://www.yuasa.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yuasa/xs/
>
> I'd like to receive reviews, comparisons, etc.

 8  Error: undefined variable -- nil
10  >(define nil '())

Is this a kind of scheme?

Until real software engineering is developed, the next best practice
is to develop with a dynamic system that has extreme late binding in
all aspects. The first system to really do this in an important way
is Lisp. -- Alan Kay
From: Jonathan Heusser
Emre Sevinc wrote:
> Has anybody played with XS Lisp developed by Taiichi Yuasa
> for Mindstorms programming?
>
> http://www.yuasa.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yuasa/xs/
>
> I'd like to receive reviews, comparisons, etc.

I've tested and ran it on RCX2.0 under linux.
It's a pretty nice system to program in.

Every function gets validated on the computer in the frontend and then
sent down to the microprocessor where they are actually evaluated.
It even has a small garbage collection (which the java version doesn't
have :>).

IIRC it only has memory for 500 cells..

There aren't other good lisp/scheme systems available for lego mindstorms.
From: Emre Sevinc
Jonathan Heusser <·····@drugphish.ch> writes:

> Emre Sevinc wrote:
>> Has anybody played with XS Lisp developed by Taiichi Yuasa
>> for Mindstorms programming?
>>
>> http://www.yuasa.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yuasa/xs/
>>
>> I'd like to receive reviews, comparisons, etc.
>>
> I've tested and ran it on RCX2.0 under linux.
> It's a pretty nice system to program in.
>
> Every function gets validated on the computer in the frontend and then
> sent down to the microprocessor where they are actually evaluated.
> It even has a small garbage collection (which the java version doesn't
> have :>).
>
> IIRC it only has memory for 500 cells..
>
> There aren't other good lisp/scheme systems available for lego mindstorms.

Any comparisons between XS Lisp running on BrickOS
and Java running on LeJOS which is a Java based replacement firmware for
the Lego Mindstorms RCX microcontroller in terms of performance,
memory, etc?