From: basqi
Subject: free batabase for Lisp
Could anybody suggest some  RDBMS with Lispworks 4 windows.
Don't need anything speacial except to be easy to use
couse am  new to Lisp.
Need it for a case study in Lisp , a very simple library app
with mousable gui ,some search options for the users ,
wishlist ,orders , info for  the members and of course  books ..
Allready wrote  most of the code in C++ just need to rewrite it in lisp
so i believe that  could finish on time.

From: ·············@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: free batabase for Lisp
From: John DeSoi
basqi wrote:
> Could anybody suggest some  RDBMS with Lispworks 4 windows.
> Don't need anything speacial except to be easy to use
> couse am  new to Lisp.
> Need it for a case study in Lisp , a very simple library app
> with mousable gui ,some search options for the users ,
> wishlist ,orders , info for  the members and of course  books ..
> Allready wrote  most of the code in C++ just need to rewrite it in lisp
> so i believe that  could finish on time.

CLSQL works with a variety of free databases including SQLite and
PostgreSQL.

http://clsql.b9.com/

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL
From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: free database for Lisp
In the last exciting episode, John DeSoi <·····@pgedit.com> wrote:
> http://clsql.b9.com/

Now, the question is, where's the implementation of pl/commonlisp?

(Don't think I'm not serious!  ;-))
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat ·@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html
From: John DeSoi
Christopher Browne wrote:

> Now, the question is, where's the implementation of pl/commonlisp?
>
> (Don't think I'm not serious!  ;-))

It is on my list of things to do, but I don't know when I'll get to it
:). Still hoping some one will beat me to it. I'll write the editor :).

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL
From: basqi
From: Alexander Schreiber
basqi <··················@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you guys ,  decide to go with PostGRE

Please call it by the proper name: PostgreSQL.

> will post my app after a several weeks .
> Just wonder why that elephant is all about .

Because elephants are believed to never forget anything, making them a
good mascot for a RDBMS ;-)

Regards,
       Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison