From: jonathon
Subject: Can't find cello ftp files
I'm looking at cells-gtk and cello, but cells-gtk doesn't find the gtk
library, and cello does not have any files in the ftp directory where
the distro files and the screenshots are supposed to be.  Where can I
find them?

Jonathon
From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: Can't find cello ftp files
jonathon wrote:

> I'm looking at cells-gtk and cello, but cells-gtk doesn't find the gtk
> library,

I recommend the cells-gtk list for help with cells-gtk. There you should
include in the question which OS you are using, which Lisp, where you
have installed Gtk, and the error message from the backtrace. Anything
else you think is relevant, as well, such as being able to run Gtk on
your setup from C or Python.

>.. and cello does not have any files in the ftp directory where
> the distro files and the screenshots are supposed to be.  Where can I
> find them?

Cello for now lies in the cell-cultures module under the common-lisp.net
Cells project. But it is not for Lisp newbies, just Brave Souls willing
to work on making it portable and/or easily installable (the ports are
all done, but the Mac OS X version never got merged with the win32/Linux
versions).

kt

--
Cells? Cello?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
Cells-Gtk?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to
state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd