From: Asuka
Subject: Parser With Lisp
Can anybody tell me where can I find an example of a parser in Lisp of a
grammar?

Thank You

From: Oyvin Halfdan Thuv
Subject: Re: Parser With Lisp
"Asuka" <········@hotmail.com> writes:

> Can anybody tell me where can I find an example of a parser in Lisp of a
> grammar?

For natural language? Unification-grammars? If so you should have a look at
"Speech and language processing" by Jurafsky/Martin. It's sort of reference
litterature in that area. It has pseudocode for top-down, bottom-up and
earleyparser algorithms. The latter one includes a semantic-aware, unification
based implementation too!

If you are parsing a computer language or perhaps XML there are numerous
alternatives. cl-yacc, cl-xml and lots more. Depends on what you are looking
for.

--
Oyvin
From: Espen Vestre
Oyvin Halfdan Thuv <·····@remove.spam.oyvins.net> writes:

> For natural language? Unification-grammars? If so you should have a look at
> "Speech and language processing" by Jurafsky/Martin. It's sort of reference
> litterature in that area. It has pseudocode for top-down, bottom-up and
> earleyparser algorithms. The latter one includes a semantic-aware, unification
> based implementation too!

I used the PAIP(*) parser code when I taught a introductiory lisp
course for computational linguists 12-13 years ago. The combination of
the bottom up parser and memoization is great fun.

(*) Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming :
    Case Studies in Common Lisp
    by Peter Norvig
--
  (espen)
From: Denis Mashkevich
Asuka wrote:
> Can anybody tell me where can I find an example of a parser in Lisp
of a
> grammar?
>
> Thank You

And of course there's Henry Baker's META technique.