From: Marc Battyani
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] cl-pdf-parser
This is the first public release of cl-pdf-parser.
cl-pdf-parser enables cl-pdf to draw on existing pages and add new pages to
an existing PDF document.

I have been using this for a long time but it was based on Lispworks parser
generator and I was too lazy to write a recursive descent parser. Now that
cl-yacc is available, I used it to generate the parser.

Here is an example of an existing commercial pdf document opened by
cl-pdf-parser and modified with cl-pdf.
(The first page have been reduced and drawn a second time rotated+some
cl-pdf texts, the second page have been written on and a third page have
been added to the document.)
http://fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/cl-pdf-parser-example.pdf

cl-pdf-parser is in the cl-pdf repository.

The full repository is here:
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/
(It's a subversion 1.1 repository.)

The projects repositories are:
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/cl-pdf/
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/cl-typesetting/
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/mod_lisp/

There are also tarballs available
http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/cl-pdf-current.tgz
http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/cl-typesetting-current.tgz

BTW the (really outdated) home pages for these projects are here:
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-pdf.html
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-typesetting.html
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/mod_lisp.html

Marc

From: rickstrcat
Subject: Re: cl-pdf-parser
Marc Battyani wrote:
> This is the first public release of cl-pdf-parser.
> cl-pdf-parser enables cl-pdf to draw on existing pages and add new
pages to
> an existing PDF document.
>
> I have been using this for a long time but it was based on Lispworks
parser
> generator and I was too lazy to write a recursive descent parser. Now
that
> cl-yacc is available, I used it to generate the parser.
>
> Here is an example of an existing commercial pdf document opened by
> cl-pdf-parser and modified with cl-pdf.
> (The first page have been reduced and drawn a second time
rotated+some
> cl-pdf texts, the second page have been written on and a third page
have
> been added to the document.)
> http://fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/cl-pdf-parser-example.pdf
>
> cl-pdf-parser is in the cl-pdf repository.
>
> The full repository is here:
> http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/
> (It's a subversion 1.1 repository.)
>
> The projects repositories are:
> http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/cl-pdf/
> http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/cl-typesetting/
> http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/mod_lisp/
>
> There are also tarballs available
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/cl-pdf-current.tgz
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/cl-typesetting-current.tgz
>
> BTW the (really outdated) home pages for these projects are here:
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-pdf.html
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-typesetting.html
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/mod_lisp.html
>
> Marc

I finally got cl-pdf to work in windows ACL/Emacs slime by commenting
out all the zlib implementation choices in cl-pdf.asd (otherwise there
were some errors I couldn't interpret).

Very impressive - thanks!
From: Marc Battyani
"rickstrcat" <··········@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I finally got cl-pdf to work in windows ACL/Emacs slime by commenting
> out all the zlib implementation choices in cl-pdf.asd (otherwise there
> were some errors I couldn't interpret).

To use no zlib at all you should also uncomment the use-no-zlib line.
Salza should work on ACL as it is 100% pure Lisp. Maybe you should post your
error messages to the cl-pdf-devel mailing list so that we can look at this.

Marc