From: ······@gmail.com
Subject: SBCL 0.9.0 Installer for OS X (Tiger)
I was reading through Rainer Joswig's blog entry about Lisp on Tiger
and the notion of having an installation package for SBCL struck me as
being both useful to have and simple to implement.

So, here's a start:

http://homepage.mac.com/justin.dubs/FileSharing1.html

There you will find:

SBCL Installer.dmg - This disk image contains the SBCL Installer.pkg,
which is the actual installation program.
SBCL Installer.tgz - This is the small source tree from which I built
the SBCL Installer.pkg.

I just finished installing from this package and all seems to be well.
I'll try to keep it up-to-date when new versions of SBCL come out.  Let
me know if you find any problems with it.  And, of course, I will feel
awful but accept no responsibility if it causes your computer to
explode or in any other way misbehave.  :-)

Justin Dubs
From: Michael J. Ferrador
Subject: 10.[23].x, :DARWIN feature Re: SBCL 0.9.0 Installer for OS X (Tiger)
······@gmail.com wrote:
> I was reading through Rainer Joswig's blog entry about Lisp on Tiger
> and the notion of having an installation package for SBCL struck me as
> being both useful to have and simple to implement.
>
> So, here's a start:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/justin.dubs/FileSharing1.html

Thanks! and it seems to start on 10.3.<latest/last> also
At first I was thinking OpenMCL/Bosco (Cocoa/ObjC bridge) problems...

I'll try on 10.2 (Laptop, low mem, only came with 10.2) at home

Ah! and :DARWIN in *features* I push that in my .clisprc (no actual
:DARWIN features, just /User -vs- /home pathname, in OpenMCL also)
At least clisp distinguishes :CYGWIN in :UNIX

Now I just need a tee adapter in slime for this growing collection!