From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: ANNOUNCE: CL-Yacc, a LALR(1) parser generator for Common Lisp
Dear all,

The recent discussion about LALR(1) parser generators for Common Lisp
prompted me to take the sources I had been using for a private project
of mine, write a summary manual, and put the lot on the web.

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/cl-yacc/

CL-Yacc is a single file of Lisp code that you are welcome to include
with your application.  It is not quite finished yet: there's no
support for either operator priorities or error correction, and it has
undergone very little testing.

CL-Yacc is fully portable Common Lisp code... in theory.  In practice,
I've found out that it works under CMUCL, CLISP and Lispworks.  It
does not work under GCL or ECL.  (I couldn't test under ACL due to the
silly ``no university-sanctioned research'' restriction in the free
edition's licence -- Duane, are you listening?)

Performance is okay, but not outstanding.  I've measured it as roughly
2.5 times slower than Zebu under CMUCL.

Enjoy,

                                        Juliusz Chroboczek