From: Takuon Soho
Subject: Screamer ClLisp, Win32
Newbie to CLisp.

Have CLisp working great on XP
but cannot get Screamer (CLisp version by Bruno Haible)
to compile properly.

Tried manually typing (in a dos box)

clisp -q -c screamer
(this seemed to work and gave 0 warnings 0 errors (but lot of redefinitions)

clisp -q -i screamer -c iterate
(this failed and gave the following errors:
WARNING:
(SETF FIND-CLASS)(VARIABLE): #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> is lock
Ignore the lock and proceed
WARNING:
DEFMETHOD((PRINT-OBJECT NIL VARIABLE T)):
(#<PACKAGE CLOS> #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> #<PACKAGE COMMON-LI
 #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP>) is locked
Ignore the lock and proceed
*** - BOOLEAN is a built-in type and may not be redefined.

Does anyone know the procedure to compile this package
in CLisp on Windows XP.

Thanks
Tak

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Screamer ClLisp, Win32
> * Takuon Soho <···@fbzjurer.arg> [2005-03-22 05:02:17 +0000]:
>
> Newbie to CLisp.
>
> Have CLisp working great on XP
> but cannot get Screamer (CLisp version by Bruno Haible)
> to compile properly.
>
> Tried manually typing (in a dos box)
>
> clisp -q -c screamer
> (this seemed to work and gave 0 warnings 0 errors (but lot of redefinitions)
>
> clisp -q -i screamer -c iterate
> (this failed and gave the following errors:
> WARNING:
> (SETF FIND-CLASS)(VARIABLE): #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> is lock
> Ignore the lock and proceed
> WARNING:
> DEFMETHOD((PRINT-OBJECT NIL VARIABLE T)):
> (#<PACKAGE CLOS> #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> #<PACKAGE COMMON-LI
>  #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP>) is locked
> Ignore the lock and proceed

symbol VARIABLE is specified in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
this means, that, according to
<http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/sec_11-1-2-1-2.html>
your version of screamer is _not_ a "conforming CL program".

Package locking in CLISP is explained in
<http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/pack-lock.html>.

> *** - BOOLEAN is a built-in type and may not be redefined.

same here - BOOLEAN is in ANSI CL.

> Does anyone know the procedure to compile this package
> in CLisp on Windows XP.

The version of screamer in CLOCC/src/screamer compiles OOTB with CLISP.

<http://www.memri.org/> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.dhimmi.com/>
<http://www.jihadwatch.org/> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
char*a="char*a=%c%s%c;main(){printf(a,34,a,34);}";main(){printf(a,34,a,34);}
From: Takuon Soho
Many thanks.

When you have several .lisp files that need to be
loaded and compiled together,
I have the command line command but
what is the CLisp command
to do this from inside CLisp?

Also, once compiled, does one just
say (load "c:\screamer\screamer")
next time one goes into CLisp and wants
to use it?

Thanks again.

Tak

From: Takuon Soho
OK, answered this myself.

Just (load "screamer") seems to load the "screamer.fas"
and then, after loading "iterate" and "Primordial"
and doing an in-package, the primordial torture test runs
and I get a "t" back so it looks like everything ran fine.

Remarkable package.

Tak

························@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

From: Takuon Soho
This one compiled OK.

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Sam Steingold <···@gnu.org> writes:
> > * Takuon Soho <···@fbzjurer.arg> [2005-03-22 05:02:17 +0000]:
> > WARNING:
> > (SETF FIND-CLASS)(VARIABLE): #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> is lock
> > Ignore the lock and proceed
>
> symbol VARIABLE is specified in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
> this means, that, according to
> <http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/sec_11-1-2-1-2.html>
> your version of screamer is _not_ a "conforming CL program".

But doesn't

  http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/sec_11-1-2-1-2-1.html

make it OK to use CL:VARIABLE as a variable?
From: Sam Steingold
> * Lars Brinkhoff <·········@abperj.bet> [2005-03-23 07:35:50 +0100]:
>
> Sam Steingold <···@gnu.org> writes:
>> > * Takuon Soho <···@fbzjurer.arg> [2005-03-22 05:02:17 +0000]:
>> > WARNING:
>> > (SETF FIND-CLASS)(VARIABLE): #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> is lock
>> > Ignore the lock and proceed
>>
>> symbol VARIABLE is specified in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
>> this means, that, according to
>> <http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/sec_11-1-2-1-2.html>
>> your version of screamer is _not_ a "conforming CL program".
>
> But doesn't
>
>   http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/sec_11-1-2-1-2-1.html
>
> make it OK to use CL:VARIABLE as a variable?

yes, but here they define a class named VARIABLE.
not a dynamic variable named VARIABLE.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
From: GP lisper
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:02:17 GMT, <···@somwhere.net> wrote:

> Newbie to CLisp.
>
> Have CLisp working great on XP
> but cannot get Screamer (CLisp version by Bruno Haible)
> to compile properly.

Chris Double has a version of Screamer that works (or worked) with
Corman Lisp.  Chris is still active with CCL, so this route should get
you going if clisp doesn't work out.

--
Everyman has three hearts;
one to show the world, one to show friends, and one only he knows.