From: Greg
Subject: Good Books for Learning LISP
I'm looking for good books on learning LISP.  I have the "LISP - Second
Edition" by Winston and Horn book.  Maybe I need "LISP for Dummies."
:-)  I don't get much out of the on-line stuff - I prefer the "Hands
on" type reading materials.

Thanks.

From: Wojciech Mula
Subject: Re: Good Books for Learning LISP
Greg wrote:
> I'm looking for good books on learning LISP.  I have the "LISP - Second
> Edition" by Winston and Horn book.  Maybe I need "LISP for Dummies."
>:-)  I don't get much out of the on-line stuff - I prefer the "Hands
> on" type reading materials.

check "Successful Lisp" by David Lamkins
From: Svein Ove Aas
"Greg" <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for good books on learning LISP.  I have the "LISP - Second
> Edition" by Winston and Horn book.  Maybe I need "LISP for Dummies."
> :-)  I don't get much out of the on-line stuff - I prefer the "Hands
> on" type reading materials.

In that case, you want "Practical Common Lisp".

"ANSI Common Lisp" is a good reference, and "On Lisp" is useful once
you know the language, but PCL is the best introduction I know of. It
should be available in bookstores Real Soon Now; meanwhile, look it up
at gigamonkeys.com/book.
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <························@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "Greg" <·······@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for good books on learning LISP.  I have the "LISP - Second
> Edition" by Winston and Horn book.  Maybe I need "LISP for Dummies."
> :-)  I don't get much out of the on-line stuff - I prefer the "Hands
> on" type reading materials.
>

> Thanks.

The third edition is a bit better.