From: Greg
Subject: clisp circa 1997 vs. clisp 2.33.82
With my old clisp, I had to invoke it via a bat file that read such as:

lisp -M lispinit.mem

and got a ">" when it was ready.

With 2.33.82, I used the "install.bat" file and everything went fine.
Now, however, I get a "[1]>" when ready.  What does that mean?  Why the
difference in the "prompt" between the two versions?  Where can I get a
"What's New" file deliniating the new features of 2.33.82 verses the
old version?

Thanks.

From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Subject: Re: clisp circa 1997 vs. clisp 2.33.82
Greg wrote:
> With my old clisp, I had to invoke it via a bat file that read such as:
>
> lisp -M lispinit.mem
>
> and got a ">" when it was ready.
>
> With 2.33.82, I used the "install.bat" file and everything went fine.
> Now, however, I get a "[1]>" when ready.  What does that mean?  Why the
> difference in the "prompt" between the two versions?  Where can I get a
> "What's New" file deliniating the new features of 2.33.82 verses the
> old version?

I just guess that the [1] means that it is the first command.  There's
probably a history function that allows you to quickly paste in command
number 4 in later, if you want to, without copying-and-pasting it.
From: lin8080
Greg schrieb:

> Where can I get a
> "What's New" file deliniating the new features of 2.33.82 verses the
> old version?

Pscht. Don't tell it to anybody else here, but try

<http://www.podval.org/~sds/clisp/NEWS>

All the others: please do not read this!

stefan