From: ············@gmail.com
Subject: defsystem-3 openmcl
Hi,

what should I patch in defsystem-3.x to make it work in openmcl? I've
tried but failed so far. Too late in the night, probably (4AM local
time).

David

From: ············@gmail.com
Subject: Re: defsystem-3 openmcl
> what should I patch in defsystem-3.x to make it work in openmcl?

defsystem applies pathname-host to its own result, which is wrong
because the result type is not a subset of the argument's type. Here is
the fix:

#--- Sourceforge/clocc/src/defsystem-3.x/defsystem.lisp Sat Feb  5
01:13:15 2005
#+++ Library/Lisp/defsystem.lisp     Wed Mar  9 10:39:47 2005
·@@ -2800,7 +2800,7 @@
#           (make-pathname :host (when (component-host component)
#                                  ;; MCL2.0b1 and ACLPC cause an error
on
#                                  ;; (pathname-host nil)
#-                                 (pathname-host (component-host
component)
#+                                 (pathname-host (make-pathname :host
(component-host component))
#                                                 #+scl :case #+scl
:common
#                                                 ))
#                          :directory (pathname-directory pathname
·@@ -2819,7 +2819,7 @@
#                          #-(or :sbcl)
#                          (let ((dev (component-device component)))
#                            (if dev
#-                                 (pathname-device dev
#+                                 (pathname-device (make-pathname
:device dev)
#                                                 #+scl :case #+scl
:common
#                                                 )
#                                  (pathname-device pathname
From: Marco Antoniotti
Thanks.

This is a good report.

It should be fixed in CVS, and in a more general way.  If not, please
send bug reports to the CLOCC mailing lists.

To get the latest CVS of MK:DEFSYSTEM you can checkout the module
`defsystem-3.x' from the CLOCC repository.

Cheers
--
Marco