From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: araneida logging
Hello,

I'm trying to log the requests that my web server gets. Here's my
trying:

(defmethod handle-request-logging (handler method request)
  (with-open-file (file #p"/tmp/araneida.log" :direction :output)
    (format file "Foo~%")))

Though the log file doesn't get created. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: araneida logging
··············@gmail.com" <·············@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to log the requests that my web server gets. Here's my
> trying:
>
> (defmethod handle-request-logging (handler method request)
>   (with-open-file (file #p"/tmp/araneida.log" :direction :output
                :if-does-not-exist :create
                :if-exists :supersede

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__               _  Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email (o_ the computer industry all around
From: Peter BARABAS
From: Edi Weitz
On 07 Mar 2005 16:21:47 +0100, Pascal Bourguignon <····@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

>> (defmethod handle-request-logging (handler method request)
>>   (with-open-file (file #p"/tmp/araneida.log" :direction :output
>                 :if-does-not-exist :create
>                 :if-exists :supersede
>>    )
>>     (format file "Foo~%")))

Unless I misunderstand how Araneida works you want to replace the
logfile with a new one whenever a new request comes in.  Are you sure?

Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> writes:

> On 07 Mar 2005 16:21:47 +0100, Pascal Bourguignon <····@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>
> >> (defmethod handle-request-logging (handler method request)
> >>   (with-open-file (file #p"/tmp/araneida.log" :direction :output
> >                 :if-does-not-exist :create
> >                 :if-exists :supersede
> >>    )
> >>     (format file "Foo~%")))
>
> Unless I misunderstand how Araneida works you want to replace the
> logfile with a new one whenever a new request comes in.  Are you sure?

Then that should be:
    :if-exists :append
of course.  Or keep it open...

You never feed me.