From: alex goldman
Subject: prototyping
Regarding prototyping, I'll play the devil's advocate:

Have any of you noticed that ICPF contests usually have a blitz category (24
hours) and the regular one (72 hours). It's UNusual for a team to do well
in both.

BTW, the contest started 1 hour 5 minutes ago.

From: Eric Lavigne
Subject: Re: prototyping
>Have any of you noticed that ICPF contests usually have a blitz category (24
>hours) and the regular one (72 hours). It's UNusual for a team to do well
>in both.

A Blitz entry is automatically entered in the main category also.
Obviously a team that spent 1/3 of the time will be at a disadvantage.
It's not clear to me whether those teams were also allowed to submit a
second entry to compete only in the main category.
From: alex goldman
Eric Lavigne wrote:

>>Have any of you noticed that ICPF contests usually have a blitz category
>>(24 hours) and the regular one (72 hours). It's UNusual for a team to do
>>well in both.
>
> A Blitz entry is automatically entered in the main category also.
> Obviously a team that spent 1/3 of the time will be at a disadvantage.
> It's not clear to me whether those teams were also allowed to submit a
> second entry to compete only in the ma

Of course they were.