From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: Debugging TBNL with SLIME
Hi All,

I'm working on a web application using TBNL in OpenMCL. Most everything
is going smoothly, but I'm having trouble debugging my application.
When there's a problem, I'll see an error message in the Apache log.
Often this is enough, but other times it's not.

What I'd really like to be able to do is have an error in the web app
pop open a debugger in SLIME (when in a debug mode, or something along
those lines). I see I can list threads in SLIME, and see there's an
option to "debug" them, but I haven't been able to do anything useful
yet. The debug window that pops up basically says "Interrupt from
Emacs," and provides a stack trace of... not what I'm looking for I
think.

I saw the thread about using *break-on-signals* too. Setting this to
'error will make the web app hang. I get the feeling there's a debugger
somewhere, but I don't know how to access it.

There was also the recent thread about using SLIME remotely that
discussed using *debugger-hook*. As far as I can tell this was set to
swank:swank-debugger-hook automatically.

Thanks for any help