From: Andru Luvisi
Subject: How were Upward Funargs used in Lisp 1.5?
I've been reading some old lisp books recently, and so far I haven't
found any uses of Upward Funargs aka Functional Values, even though
Lisp 1.5 seemed to support them just fine.  I'm curious, were Upward
Funargs ever used in Lisp 1.5?  If so, what for?

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi

Quote Of The Moment:
  "If you give someone Fortran, he has Fortran.
   If you give someone Lisp,    he has any language he pleases."
  		-- Guy Steele
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How were Upward Funargs used in Lisp 1.5?
Andru Luvisi <······@andru.sonoma.edu> writes:

> I've been reading some old lisp books recently, and so far I haven't
> found any uses of Upward Funargs aka Functional Values, even though
> Lisp 1.5 seemed to support them just fine.  I'm curious, were Upward
> Funargs ever used in Lisp 1.5?  If so, what for?

In the 7090 assembler sources of LISP 1.5, no; all funargs there are
downward.

In LISP code, I don't know, I've got yet to gather some significant
LISP 1.5 code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funarg
Kitty like plastic.
Confuses for litter box.