From: ··················@hotmail.com
Subject: Is  comp.lang.clos operational ?
Hi everybody
My company is doing some research regarding using
alternative languages (Ocaml, Python & Lisp ) for
rapid-prototyping and  my job is to check on Lisp.
As i have some questions regarding OOP in Lisp could
anybody advise should i post it in comp.lang.clos,
right group by its name ,though looks weird to me now,
or here in comp.lang,lisp ?
thanks
Althea

From: ·············@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Is comp.lang.clos operational ?
Managers just love that kind of staff .
I'm not saying (Ocaml or Python are bad), never actually done any
coding
in none of them , just stress what Lisp advantage is.
For the managers of course.

A.J.
From: ···············@lycos.com
>Managers just love that kind of staff .
>I'm not saying (Ocaml or Python are bad), never actually done any
>coding
>in none of them , just stress what Lisp advantage is.
>For the managers of course.

Yes but Python has more famigliar syntax to most of the coders
and don't forgeth number of Python programmers and libraries.
It might hurt it because it's interpreted .

Ocaml, hm  i would like to see your report about it.
From: ··················@hotmail.com
From: Ulrich Hobelmann
···············@lycos.com wrote:
> Yes but Python has more famigliar syntax to most of the coders
> and don't forgeth number of Python programmers and libraries.
> It might hurt it because it's interpreted .

Don't forget the numbers of C and Java coders, and the more
familiar syntax.

And maybe someone should mention that Lisp isn't dog slow ;)

--
Don't let school interfere with your education. -- Mark Twain
From: ·············@hotmail.com
From: Edi Weitz
On 17 Jun 2005 03:24:34 -0700, ···················@hotmail.com" <··················@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My company is doing some research regarding using alternative
> languages (Ocaml, Python & Lisp ) for rapid-prototyping and my job
> is to check on Lisp.  As i have some questions regarding OOP in Lisp
> could anybody advise should i post it in comp.lang.clos, right group
> by its name ,though looks weird to me now, or here in comp.lang,lisp
> ?

Here.

Cheers,
Edi.