From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: What ever happend to Goo?
On and off again for the past few months I've been looking at Goo
(http://people.csail.mit.edu/jrb/goo/).  It's a nice little language,
but there doesn't seem to be anyone actively using/developing it.  The
wiki is a ghost town, the mailing list full of spam, and the last
released version is about two years old.

So-- anyone using Goo?

Matt

--
"You do not really understand something unless you can
 explain it to your grandmother." — Albert Einstein.

From: Randall Randall
Subject: Re: What ever happend to Goo?
Matthew D Swank wrote:
> On and off again for the past few months I've been looking at Goo
> (http://people.csail.mit.edu/jrb/goo/).  It's a nice little language,
> but there doesn't seem to be anyone actively using/developing it.  The
> wiki is a ghost town, the mailing list full of spam, and the last
> released version is about two years old.
>
> So-- anyone using Goo?

I guess not. :)

I, too, am interested in Goo (and Arc, for that matter),
but it seems clear that it's no longer being developed.

--
Randall Randall <·······@randallsquared.com>
"Lisp will give you a kazillion ways to solve a problem.
From: Matthew D Swank
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:38:28 -0400, Randall Randall wrote:

> I guess not. :)

I suppose Goo might be a victim of what happens to most new lisps: Common
Lisp and Scheme (esp. PLT Scheme) are flexible enough, and have enough
mature library support to make switching less than compelling.

Matt